HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected from and about visitors to our web site.
HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA strives to provide high quality service and excellent privacy protection, in line with benchmark international practices.
We do not make any representations about third party web sites that may be linked to this web site.
- Contact information (Private): We may collect your full date of birth, age, name, phone number, email address and address details, including the post code and suburb. This information enables the effective management of a member's account and delivery of service to the member.
- Profile information (Public): Personal information may be entered by the member to help them find a house sitting assignment or a house sitter.
- Messages (Private between 2 members): These are messages sent between members to help arrange a house sitting assignment or a house sitter. These may include personal information.
We may also collect the following information:
- Endorsements (Public): This information is entered by one member about another and can be seen by the public.
- Your use of the site including cookies: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We do not collect:
- Credit card data: All credit card information is entered securely through our payment gateway provider. We do not store credit card information.
Use of Information
Personal information that visitors submit to HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA is used:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development;
- for marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
Copies of correspondence sent from the web site, which may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
Copies of messages are stored for the benefit of the members primarily, but also for security management, record-keeping and back-up purposes.
House Sitter Profiles/Home Owner Ad information, and account information is stored for the benefit of members, for record-keeping and back-up.
HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA does not give personal information to third parties, or sell personal information.
Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
We may disclose personal information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of America; and
- to third parties to collect and process data including Google Analytics. This may include parties that store data outside of America.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of all information submitted to our site or collected through the site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet, or even storage on commercial servers, can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will always endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect all personal information that we hold for all members.
Cookies, Web Beacons & Analytics
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors' behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Access to Information
HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any private information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected, or you may be able to correct it yourself.
All first contact between house sitters and house owners is now made through the internal messaging system, removing the need for any transfer of contact information. However, all members have the ability to disclose (or withhold) contact data at any time.
Aside from our administrative access, messages can only be viewed by the sender and recipient. Alert emails are sent when a message is received, and these contain a link back to the message on the website. In this instance, however, full access to the rest of the conversation, or to the rest of the account, still requires the password.
All messages can be viewed by HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA website administrators, although this only happens when deemed necessary e.g. to protect the security of the site members.
Information in your profile is available to the public, and is indexable by search engines. We have designed the House Sitter Profiles/Home Owner Ads to provide insight to the member, without revealing sensitive information. The member can control how much information is published.
Maps are designed to only show the regional location of a house, rather than the street address. It is possible, however, that members can mistakenly enter their street address into the suburb field, resulting in a map reference that reveals their home address.
Use of personal names in the public domain is limited to first names, although users can mistakenly enter their surnames in the first name field.
We prohibit the publication of surnames or contact details in our House Sitter Profiles/Home Owner Ads, but it is technically possible that this still can happen.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA may provide links to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
If you believe that we have breached the Privacy Act and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Problems or questions
For more information about privacy issues in the United States, visit www.business.ftc.gov
For questions and notices, please contact us at:
ItchyFoot Pty Ltd (ABN 13 154 572 577) trading as HOUSE SITTERS AMERICA
#2556, 455 Route 306 Monsey, NY 10952
Last Update: 29 March 2016